jueves, 5 de marzo de 2009
DIY window films
1. contact paper, clear (this is for lining drawers, you can find it at hardware or drug stores)
3. scissors or exacto
4. paint pen
1. measure your window panes.
2. mark your dimensions on the contact paper and cut out your rectangles. i recommend using a ruler and an exacto blade, but if you draw a clean line and cut neatly with scissors that works as well.
3. tape down the edges of your rectangle with the white paper side down. this ensures you are painting on the non-sticky side of the contact paper.
4. using your paint pens, draw out your design on the contact paper.
5. let dry at least ten minutes.
6. carefully peel the paper back from the top of the film and place on the window pane. slowly pull the paper down and smooth down the contact paper with a piece of paper.
Source: Design Sponge